Metal Finishing & Hard Chromium for the following industries:
- Mold Components
- Tool & Die
- Machine shop
- Office Equipment
- Cutting Tools
Characteristics of Hard Chrome:
- Extends the life of the part.
- Provides very good corrosion protection.
- Coefficient of friction is 0.015 to 0.40 on steel.
- Taber Wear is 2-3 mg/1000 cycles.
- The melting point of chrome is 1610 degrees C.
- Adhesion strength is 35,000 PSI.
- Ductility is 0.1%.
- Ultra-hard, durable coating used for wear, abrasion and corrosion resistant protection
- Hard Chromium is used to repair worn or mis-machined parts
- Range of thickness from .000020″ to .035”+
- Capacity is 16 feet long and 2 tons
We perform Mass Finishing Vibratory Tumbling and Deburring.
National Chromium also sells the media and compounds used in vibratory polishing or deburring.
Hard Chromium Coating
Applications for Hard Chrome:
- Used in machinery and mating surface applications because of its hardness.
- National Chromium has extensive experience fabricating fixtures and auxiliary anodes which enables us to efficiently apply chrome on intricate components and surfaces.
- Hard Chrome’s resistance to abrasives results in a longer life for mold components and provides for better mold release characteristics and easier mold cleaning.
- Hard Chrome is used extensively to repair worn or scored machine parts, shafts and cylinders.
- Several cost effective masking methods are utilized to protect surfaces and areas that do not require plating.